How to build a course without a Curriculum Map
You can create a Course without a Curriculum Map in Ogment. You can still add lessons, assessments and placeholders into groups and order them in the order in which they will be taught.
- From your My Stuff page click +Add and select Create a Course.
- A pop-up appears, name your course and click Next.
- Select the first Curriculum Map card you see on the page, titled; Create a Course Without a CMAP.
- Click “Save” button at the top right of the screen. The Course Builder will launch:
- To the left of the Course Builder you design the containers for holding your lessons and assessments and placeholders. A Unit is the highest level. Every Unit can have unlimited sections.
- To add Units to your Course, click on the small plus (+) next to the title of your course. Each time you click, a Unit is created:
- To add Sections to your Units, click on the small plus (+) next to the Unit label where you want to add Sections. Each time you click, a Section is created:
- Now you are ready to add placeholders, lessons and assessments.
Once you have created a course structure you can add placeholders, lessons or assessments to the sections of your course where you find the + ADD card. Click on the Section where you want to add lessons and the +ADD card will appear in the center section of the course builder. In this image we are adding lessons and assessments to Unit 1: Section 1.
Caption: In this image we are adding lessons and assessments to Unit 1: Section 1 .
- Click +ADD to add a placeholder, a lesson or an assessment to your desired section. A placeholder is intended to be used when you don’t have a lesson or assessment already created. A placeholder will create a nearly empty lesson or assessment that will appear in your My Stuff. You can then fill out the placeholder into a complete lesson in the Lesson Editor.
Select Add placeholder, choose whether it is a lesson or assessment, add a name, choose a color code, fill out tags, and click create. You can edit your placeholder later by accessing it from your My Stuff area.
The next step is to add lessons or assessments that you have already created directly from your My Stuff.
- Click + ADD and choose lesson or assessment. Choose the lessons or assessments you wish to add, click next:
The lessons and assessments that you have chosen will appear in the Course Builder in your selected section.
- You can put your lessons and assessments in order by dragging and dropping them around on the page.
- Continue adding lessons, assessments and placeholders to sections until your course is complete.