How to incorporate Graphic Organizers
Ogment is chalk full of great graphic organizers that you can use in your lessons. These can be filled out either as a class when you are presenting or by the student once the lesson is assigned to them.
Putting a graphic organizer into your lesson is as simple as dragging and dropping. Let’s go through the steps:
- When you are in the Lesson Editor, you can find the graphic organizers on the left-hand side at the bottom of the column.
- Choose the graphic organizer you want and click and drag it into the portion of the lesson you would like it to be presented.
- Each graphic organizer can be tailored to your needs. Click on the graphic organizer you have dragged into your lesson. Beneath the organizer are options to add cells, rows, bubbles, etc.
- You can pre-label the graphic organizers to help guide the students in what you want them to accomplish with the graphic organizer. For example, you can fill in the center circle of a Bubble Web with a title. Just remember that when you fill in a cell in the Lesson Editor, the cell can not be changed or added to when the lesson is presented.
- You can preview your graphic organizer to make sure it looks the way you want it to.
- Each graphic organizer also comes with an exemplar to give you an idea on how it can be utilized.
- Now you're done! Don’t forget to click SAVE after you are finished building your graphic organizer!