How to make sections within a lesson
Ogment allows you to break up lessons into sections. For example, you may want to separate a lesson into instruction, practice, assessment, homework, etc. Every section you make can be labeled by these categories, and you can also name each section and provide an approximate duration, too.
- To make a new section, click on the “Tools” tab in the Lesson Editor.
- Under “Content Tools”, choose “Section”.
- Drag and drop the section “object” where you’d like it to go in the lesson .
- Name the section.
- Choose a purpose for the section, such as “Direct Instruction”, or simply leave it as “None”.
- Add a duration if you’d like.
- To move a section, click on the “handle” (9 dots in the shape of a square) on the top left of the section.
- Drag and drop the section anywhere else in the lesson.
- To delete a section, click on the trash can icon on the top right of the section.
During presentation or preview mode, you will always know what section you are in because it’s written on the top left of every slide.
For a more general overview of the Lesson Editor, check out the article “Lesson Editor Overview