The search feature makes it fast and easy for you to find the resources you’ve gathered in Ogment to use in your lessons and assessments.
From the lesson editor:
- Click on the “Resources” tab on the upper left side of the screen.
- Click the blue “+ add resources” button.
You will be brought to a screen that includes all of your resources. On the right side of the screen is the “Search Panel”.
- To only search certain kinds of resources (article, video, image, etc.), click on the buttons you want. For example, if you only want to search videos, hit the “video” button. Only videos will be shown.
- To filter down further, enter a tag. For example, if you want to only search History videos, type in “History” in the tag field.
If you’re just looking for WWI videos, type “WWI” in the tag field.
- You can further filter by grade level and subject. The more specific you get, the less results you’ll have.
- Oops! This was too many filters. There are no WWI videos at the eighth grade level. But if I add in ninth grade, I’ll get my results back.
- Remember, searching by tag and other attributes only works if those resources were tagged and labeled by grade, subject in the first place. That’s why it’s important to take a few seconds to tag resources when you first gather them. Check out “How, when and why to tag resources” (link to Clip-Tags).
- To add the resources you’ve found, simply click the big checkmarks in the middle of each card. They will turn green when selected.
Hit the “add to lesson resources” button on the top left of the screen in the gray bar. They are now added to your lesson! For more information on using resources in your lesson, check out the “Lesson Editor Overview” article.