What is preview mode? How to preview lesson/assessment
Can’t wait to see how your lesson is looking? One of the most exciting things to do in Ogment is see all of the work you’ve done in the Lesson Editor come to life.
What is preview mode?
Preview mode allows you to see the lesson you’ve created as it would be seen if you were presenting it in front of the class—or as students will see it if you assign it to them. Cards for every resource and question type
in your lesson are visible in the editor, but if you want to see the whole lesson from start to finish, use the preview mode.
- Click the preview icon (eye) at the top of the lesson editor. You will see the lesson in preview mode, as indicated by the red box on the top left of the screen.
Things you can do in preview mode
NavigationYou can click through the entire lesson using the navigation at the bottom of the screen.
- Click “next” in the bottom black bar to go to the next screen.
- Click “back” to go to the previous screen.
- Click “Go To” to see thumbnails of all of the screens in your lesson and easily navigate to a particular question or resource.
The yellow highlight on the top of a thumbnail indicates the screen you are currently on.
- To hide thumbnails, click the blue “Go To” button again.
ThemesYou can change the color and font of your lesson by choosing one of the five available themes.
- Click the “paintbrush” icon in the black bar at the top of the screen.
- Click on the theme you like.
Font size/boldYou can make the type on the screen bigger or smaller depending on your needs. The default is small.
- Click the “Aa” icon in the black bar at the top of the screen.
- Choose the size of the type.
- To bold type, click bold. To unbold, click bold again.
- A green bar will indicate which options you’ve chosen.
RevealYou can choose how much of the screen you show students at a one time—perfect for chunking concepts.
- Choose “Reveal: On” in the black bar at the top of the screen (to the right of the “paintbrush” icon.
A black bar appears on screen
- Click on the gray dots in the middle of the black bar and move up or down to reveal more or less of the screen.
- To turn reveal off, go back the the dropdown menu and choose “Reveal: Off”.
You can have the Ogment screen at fullscreen with no browser interface.
- Click the “two arrows” icon in the black bar at the top of the screen.
- To exit full screen mode, hit the “two arrows” icon again.
Preview Mode vs Presentation Mode
There are several important differences to note between Preview and Presentation Mode.
- No data is recorded in Preview Mode: If you use Preview mode in your classroom and have students answer questions a group, those answers are not saved.
- You cannot pause a lesson in Preview Mode.
- There will be no record of where you left off in the lesson.
To learn more about presenting a lesson from within the Lesson Editor, check out the article “How to present/assign lessons from Lesson Editor
TIP: Want to see a colleague’s lesson before downloading it from the Ogment Stream
? You’ll want to use Preview mode then, too!